Sunday, November 02, 2008

Vidya & Dion


Vidya & Dion
Shree Ram Mandir
October 10th 2008

Vidya and Dion didn't just have a wedding, they had an event. The weekend was full of so much celebrating that I will need to do 2 posts and 2 different galleries. Friday they had their Hindu and Muslim wedding ceremonies, Saturday was their Georgia Aquarium reception.

I arrived at Vidya's parents house early on Friday to photograph some of the preparations. The first thing I noticed was that their garage had been turned into a kitchen. Vidya's family was cooking so much food that they had huge pots spread out around the garage and they where stirring not with spoons but rather large sticks. They were making Indian curry and roti for the ceremony. They asked me to try and wow, it was some of the best food I have ever had! I love Indian spices and roti has always been one of my favorite foods. It was a great way to start off my shoot!

Vidya was stunning. She adorned herself in the traditional way with all the traditional clothing and jewelry. She was so beautiful she definitely had everyone's eyes in the room. The ceremonies were full of family, color, curry, and lots ands lots of smiles. I had a great time.
Kristi













No comments: