Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Kate & Mark



Kate & Mark
May 17th
St Elizabeth Ann Seton Roman Catholic Church
Three Bridges, New Jersey

Kate and Mark's wedding was planned out to the minute (see the picture below where the itemized, color coordinated, grafted according to person itinerary was ripped up and thrown in the air above the bride). All the planning paid off and the wedding went perfectly. Memorable moments include the father of the bride greeting the guests with an acoustic version of "Puff the Magic Dragon", as well as the dancing. I was very impressed.

I have seen lots of people dance from all sorts of different cultures from the Masai jump to the South American Salsa, but I will have to say my favorite people to see on the dance floor happens to be the American engineer. It is kind of a cross between the robot and a crazy bounce that almost goes with the music. The American Engineer is the only dancer that I have seen who can actually dance out of sync. Kate and Mark's dance floor was full of all sorts of American Engineer moves. It was great!

On another note, I just love these guys. I met Kate over a year ago and she is a very impressive and inspiring women. Even looking at her myspace page you can see pictures of her in zero gravity with NASA as well as an article written on her about her neuroengineering research on using neuro-implants to enable people with spinal cord injuries to walk again. I am convinced that this woman can do anything, and I am very proud to have her as a friend. Engineers may have one of the most uncoordinated dances in the world, but hey, not only do they help make the earth go round, but they can tell you that it is not actually round but it's shape is geoid.





I am going to have to make a side note here on how funny I think the image below is. During the ceremony Kate has that "how sweet" smile, and Mark has a priceless smirk. I will say these two have very expressive faces and I laughed hard when going though some of the images.







No comments: