Monday, December 06, 2004

We are ALL Losers

I went out on Sat night to a club, went up to the bar and asked for a water. The conversation with the bartender was as follows:
Bartender: why are you ordering a water?
Me: cause I am a loser
Bartender: Well you are at Hole in the Wall (the name of the club)
Me: Are you saying that everyone here is a loser??
Bartender: Well depending on how you look at it, we are all losers?
(I eyed the bartender strangly)
Bartender: Well put it this way, have you ever played the lottery?
(I laughed, he had won, pretty much everyone has lost at least once at the lottery, so with this train of thought, we are in fact all losers)

So tonight at a restaurant I was discussing this story with my friend Dave and his responce was:
Dave: everyone in here is a winner in a way... Well we all were the first sperms to make it to the egg!

No comments: